Mr. Purdy is a Senior Project Engineer with extensive experience in a number of cement and minerals plant projects. Mr. Purdy has worked in nearly all areas of cement plant projects, with extensive experience in cooler design, field services (including installation services at the largest cement kiln in North America), and process design in both cement and minerals applications. Mr. Purdy has also separately worked in the field of industrial insurance, and has a working knowledge of liability in construction and industrial operations.
Areas of Expertise
- Equipment Design
- Process Engineering – Cement and Minerals
- Cement plant installation, inspection and troubleshooting
- Contractor/Vendor Insurance Requirements
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University, 2006.
2017 – Pres. Senior Project Engineer – Bridge Gap Engineering LLC
2012 – 2017 Insurance Producer – Purdy Insurance Agency, Inc.
Property and Casualty Commercial Insurance Sales – New business development and client retention
2011 – 2012 Process Engineer – FL Smidth, Inc.
- Design of industrial processing plants in the cement and minerals industry
- Create process design diagrams, mass flow diagrams and expected operating diagrams based on customer supplied specifications
- Create performance guarantees based on design calculations, Create operating instructions
- Developed Process Design Rules for ferronickel calcining kilns, petroleum coke calcining kilns and vertical flash dryers.
2008 – 2011 Field Engineer – FL Smidth, Inc.
- Erection of equipment for cement manufacturing plants
- Installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of 12000mtpd cement plant
- Selected to stay one year after plant start-up as technical specialist for the clinker cooler and assist the plant in day-to-day operations. Assisted the plant with warranty obligations in all plant areas. One year contract was extended seven months.
2006 – 2008 Design Engineer Clinker Cooler Systems – FL Smidth, Inc.
Executed equipment contracts and prepared equipment proposals for clinker coolers
2005 Intern – Pennoni Associates Inc. Consulting Engineers
Engineering Technician/Field Inspector – Concrete and Soil testing